Have you thought about starting a blog for your organization? Are you hiring a professional for this blog or can any employee of the company post? Is it even a good idea?
These and many other questions have come to your mind now that you have thought about creating a blog for your organization. In this blog, you will receive the pros and cons of having a blog for your organization, and many answers to all the questions that keep popping up about a blog.
First let's start with the pros!
- Respond quickly to clients just like social media sites
- In addition, a blog can be more lengthy than most social media sites allow
- Everyone can blog (more voices/ opinions, the more exciting a blog could be)
- Blogging is done whenever you have some “downtime”
- Creative way to draw attention to your organization
Now the cons:
- Time consuming
- Commitment to regular updates
- Respond to some not-so-nice comments on the blog (as it is all about opinions)
- When hiring someone you face the potential of losing some control
- Additional expenses added when hiring someone
Overall, when it comes to creating a blog, remember: it's about the time and effort you want to go into it, and have fun with it. If you feel your resources are needed elsewhere, then leave the blog for a future project once the organization grows. However if you feel you’re ready to put the time and energy into it, then happy blogging:)!