Objectives: I would like to gain more insight into this field of work (advertising and marketing) and the best way to learn is by working next to those who are professionals in this field of work. I hope to receive feedback and tips from the staff that will help me learn beyond the classroom.
Reasons For Choice:
1. By receiving feedback and tips from the staff, over time I can become a stronger and more prepared employee.
2. Being next to these professionals will help me determine what career path I would like to pursue.
3. Knowledge is power. By knowing more, I can exceed expectations.
1. Important to not be afraid to ask for help when it’s needed and show them that I want to learn (might be more open to giving advice).
2. Not to take criticism to heart (or else no one will want to give me feedback again).
3. Observe how people behave and how they handle certain situations.
Objectives: During my placement, I hope to be given projects that will help develop new skills for both the work place and in general as an advertising and marketing (soon to be) graduate.
Reasons for choice:
1. Certain skills can only be learnt by physically doing them.
2. Although we did work on company projects throughout the program, I feel as if the ones during my placement will have more pressure involved. If I perform badly on a project, it’s no longer my image or my money that suffers, it’s the company’s image and their money.
3. Being able to say that I’ve accomplished certain things or that I’ve learnt something new can be great to incorporate into my resume.
1.If not busy with other tasks, offer to help with certain projects.
2.If they ask me to do a task that involves certain skills that I am weaker in, I could practice them and take on similar projects in order to improve.
3.View my work from the beginning of my placement and compare it to the work at the end of my placement to see where I have improved.
Objectives: Being a student at Canadore has given me great hands-on experience through several of our “real life” projects. However, the majority of the larger assignments have been done as group work. Moving forward into field placement, I will be unfamiliar with the environment, the people and therefore it will hopefully give me that independent learning and additional hands-on experience. This placement will hopefully demonstrate that I am capable of working independently (working with no teachers or students offering feedback/guidance) and reassurance that I am in fact ready to start my career.
Reasons for choice:
1.Be able to work and think independently.
2.Feel prepared and reassured that I am ready for the “real world”.
3. Get that extra hands-on experience beyond the classroom.
1.Work hard and try my best.
2.Be willing to learn and listen to others.
3.Even though I will be more independent, it’s important that I ask questions when I am unsure of something.
Objectives: I’ve discovered several different career paths throughout this program and feel rather confident in what field I’d like to pursue. However, I am hoping this placement will give me more insight into what is expected at a marketing agency and what each job entails.
Reasons for choice:
1.This placement will allow me to see with my own eyes what each position does, and will later help me make my decision on my career choices.
2.It may bring up a new career path that I was unaware of.
3.Watching others in their jobs might help me later on in mine. Thus, if they are faced with a problem, I can see how they handle it and how they overcome the situation. If I happen to be faced with the same or a similar problem, I will know how to handle it.
1.I will keep track of each position, and what is being done in those positions.
2.I will keep an open mind. I want to make sure that I am open to other career options and not just set on one direction.
3. I will be willing to help assist in any department, even if it doesn’t seem to interest me because I might end up enjoying it.